Wednesday, June 20, 2012

making it home : ideas for diy projects


I still don't feel completely moved in and settled in this house.  Its a little bigger than we're used to so figuring out how to fill spaces like walls and floors has been a challenge.  Here are some little things I'd like to try my hand at to help my home better function with a little style and personality.  These ideas will be good and realistic possibilities for small touches and additions to the house...


I have to be honest though, I don't think much is going to be done before I have this baby.  my energy level is shot!  raising a toddler while pregnant is often a fun challenge.  I want to make this home cozy so I can't wait to do some of these simple and small projects.  

source  plus more wall decor ideas
source
add some pom poms to some simple curtains... I like this a lot.
source
easy roman shades for my kitchen will add some class in an easily cluttered spot
source
make a cushion with some floral fabric to add some texture and pattern to the room and to go on our hard and low coffee table.  I think this would be pretty easy and a nice touch.
source 
I'd really like to line my entry bathroom walls with thick black ribbon stripes (since I'm not going to paint the stripes) and then add some black and white photos.  Its a pretty classy and basic look that I really like.
source
I like all of this from the dresser to the print on the wall to the basket that keeps it feeling nice and natural.  That painting is the main project idea inspiration I want to remember.  How easy would it be to paint long skinny puffs/wishes on a canvas.  I'd like to make one of these pictures.
source
print on a simple sheer and inexpensive shower curtain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment