Tuesday, June 19, 2012

a busy week of attention and waiting

I look forward to the blog post where I announce the arrival of our baby girl.  But for now I am really trying to enjoy the last days of my family of 3.  I am happy to report that compared to my last pregnancy at this time my body is further along.  So, we are on guard a little earlier this time around and expecting labor to start any day.  (silly me, aren't we all expecting that those last weeks)

By Sunday night this week had filled with play dates, appointments and many little chores and errands that need to be done before the baby comes.  It has been great to have so much to look forward to everyday.  Knowing that the extra running around will help the body progress even more is encouraging and keeps my energy levels high.

I think Odin is understanding what is going on.  He has finally started to want to feel the baby moving and he often pretends he has a baby in his belly, usually after he is full from a meal and his belly is bulging with cuteness.  (It's pretty cute.)  But really, I am praying that he has a good experience making the transition to big brother.  I just want him to feel loved and fully supported like he is when the baby comes.  I think he'll be fine, I really do, but I think the extra hugs and park dates and cookies are helping remind him that we love him so much.

I love this picture above... its from when Zack took Odin to the father-son's campout with our church.  I was shocked when he ran over to give me a big long squeeze telling my "mama, bye" as they were leaving.  He has never had separation anxiety so I don't often get those 'please don't leave me' hugs.  I felt loved and have been more motivated to love him back even more since then.  I still feel that parenting is hard but really, that's how its supposed to be, just like life.  I finally get that!  And, I'm happier because I get to experience this so-called hard thing in my life.

I can't wait for our family to expand
AND
I can't wait for the wonderful and rewarding hard things ahead...  :-)

1 comment:

  1. So excited for your little girl to come! I hope these last days are fun and enjoyable for the three of you, you're so great!

    ReplyDelete