Monday, May 21, 2012

finding the rhythm

All our company is gone, and there is none in sight for another month.  That means its just the 3 of us and our new home and life, pretty much until the baby comes.  It has been wonderful having visitors but now its time to get into a rhythm of my/our own.  This boy needs and deserves some good time with his mama.  

Its a big deal for me but I decided to take this week to get grounded and prepare for the weeks before baby comes.  And I mean this seriously.  The key thing that will make this week different is that I will not spend much time online.  I hope to blog a bit but I won't do that until the evening after I am exhausted after I've had a full day (it doesn't take much for me to be exhausted these days).  Other than checking me email and the occasional blog post, I'll not check blogs, check google reader, spend time on my pinterest or facebook or twitter.

Its all basic "functioning household" sort of stuff that I haven't been good at doing since we've lived here (or ever really).  I am convinced that when the baby comes and our family of 3 becomes 4 that I will be much better off if I have a good rhythm for our home.  I am serious about this change/upgrade to our lives and I can't wait to experience the results in the coming weeks.

If you care to know what I have in mind here you are: 
--- There are many projects to do in the house, many of which I want/need to get done before the baby comes.  There are things I need to do so that my toddler has a better schedule.  This will include library days, park days and playgroups.  He'll be happier if I do this and that means that I will be too.  We have some fun and important things that we want/need to do as a family before the 3 of us must adjust to being a family of 4. 
--- BUT I WILL read more books (I want my son to see me reading), go on walks with my boy, take him to the library and the playgroups, visit Zack for lunch, do some little projects around the house, get bills paid and important phone calls made and appointments set, listen to music, read to my boy and color with him and play with him outside, write some letters I've been wanting to send, hopefully sew (I have just one realistic and easy project in mind), have family dinners and talk about and plan upcoming outings and events.  Lastly and most importantly and personally, I'll spend more time strengthening myself spiritually because I believe this is the absolute best way to make life better for me and my family. ---

Here's to a happy and productive week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment