Sunday, May 20, 2012

playing in the dirt

We had such  good time with my dad.  I was so impressed with the time he took to come visit and shop for us in between his work commitments.  He's the best.  I was so grateful that he repotted all of the plants.  I'm glad I got to help out a bit even if it was just taking plastic wrappers off the pots and then watering the potted plants like a true prissy girl.  It felt just like when I was little (minus the prissy part, that has definitely been a new - blame it on city living - addition to my mannerisms) and I'd follow behind him as he tilled the garden.  The soil under my bare feet was just so lovely, cool and perfectly ready for planting.  Ah, those childhood memories, I do cherish those.  I love gardening and it is never better than with my dad.

At 33 weeks its fun to have a new due date of sorts.  I mean that now I can look forward to 2 or so months when these plants will bare fruit.  This helps me cope with the discomfort and large size I am and will continue to deal with for the next several weeks.  I'm so glad I have this lovely distraction.
Thanks Dad for the time and energy spent!

0 comments:

Post a Comment