Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Autumn leaf banner

Its true that I need to feel Fall all around me.  So, instead of peaking out of my windows trying to find new shades of color on the leaves across the river I brought them inside to be with me every moment, day or night.  I gathered these on our stroll in Central Park.  I think I started a new tradition...


All I did was tie each of the leaves on by making a slip knot (I think that's what its called).  Below is a short video tutorial.  Its super simple.  You must bring the Autumn leaves into your home in this way.  The light on the leaves is pure beauty.  Enjoy!



* Please disregard the background sound on the video. Next time, I know better than to film while the little one is playing.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this! What a great way to decorate with pretty Fall leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!! I'm doing it!! Love it, thank you for the idea!

    p.s. TOTALLY wish I could cruise by your book party! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete