Saturday, April 9, 2011

its no secret that ...


... I love Iceland.   

Why you ask?  What's all the hype?

Well, here are just a few of my reasons:


. its quiet
. its not highly populated
. its dripping in culture and authenticity
. its absolutely beautiful and magestic
. its clean (like, drink directly from the rivers, clean)
. life is simple
. people cherish family and tradition
. its history is exciting and intriguing
. its not highly populated
. its quiet




*its interesting that most of these things are the opposite of my current living situation. Can you tell I am longing for a change?  Would it be a surprise to know that I am always longing for change, travel, culture, beauty, the quiet of mountains and the country?  NYC is starting to wear on me.

* we visited there once and I can't wait to go back... soon
 
* these images were taken during a short layover on our way to Denmark & Sweden Nov. 2009  We didn't see much in Iceland, we didn't need to.  You easily just feel the peaceful energy of this place.  - - On our drive back to the airport, I could have sworn I saw lava flowing in the distance... that's going to bug me forever...


1 comment:

  1. My sister in law is obsessed with Iceland. I can see why. What a beautiful place. Definitely on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete