Friday, April 8, 2011

today

I have been waiting for this day all week...

Last night was interesting.  I actually cried when Pia got voted off of American Idol.  Silly, I know but, I did.  Then I was facing the mess that we made with the boy's toys during the day.  I didn't pick them up.  I just picked my self up and went to bed.

I didn't fall asleep for a while, despite being so sleepy.  It was weird.  I just thought, with my eyes open. (usually they are squinted closed in the dark)  A lot has been on my mind lately and I was a alone in the darkness just me and my thoughts.  I finally fell asleep.

And here we are, facing the mess this morning.  Its all good.  Today is a good day.  I've been waiting all week for this day because Zack is coming home tonight after being away all week.  So, of course I have saved all the cleaning and tidying for today.  I have plans with a friend today too, so I need to get going.  The baby is asleep, and I am showered and fed.  The energy is pumping.  That's all I need.


// TO THE TOYS!

*update:  this has been a long day but with lots of smiles by my boy and me.  I did some grocery shopping and finally turned those ripening bananas in to yummy banana bread.  The toys were tidied and even organized (this is a first).  So, despite the entry messy and the dishes not done, I feel like I did okay today.  How I feel is what matters anyway.  Now all I need is my Zachary.

0 comments:

Post a Comment