Friday, November 9, 2012

coat drive

After living in NYC for so many years and then not being there to help after Hurricane Sandy, I felt terribly sad.  I wanted to help so badly.  I actually prayed to know how I could help.  I was searching online for ways I could help other than monetarily when I came across the New York Cares website.  This organization is no stranger to me.  Zack and I both volunteered with the organization several times.  I knew what I could do to help once I read the following quote.

"In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, New Yorkers are in need of warm coats more than ever this winter. To meet demand we need to collect 200,000 coats, but, due to the urgency created by Hurricane Sandy, we desperately need 50,000 coats this week!"

 So, organize a coat drive I did!

0 comments:

Post a Comment