Thursday, June 7, 2012

my pregnancy essentials

During the short time of pregnancy and the nursing days I do my best to be the healthiest I can.  At the same time, I try to be most comfortable and relaxed and to feel prepared for the changes and challenges that accompany these days.  Every mom has her own list but these items are some of my favorite pregnancy essentials.


I actually have and use all of these:  
1. sandals - so comfy and even cute however getting harder to buckle,
2. eye makeup remover + Q-tips - since I don't always feel like removing eye makeup at night this is such an easy alternative, usually in the morning
3. gummy bears - the perfect little treat, I eat handfulls of these and it just makes me so happy
4. klean kanteen - I have one for my car and one at my bedside - I seriously love these,
5. kiehl's eye cream, - you gotta dab this stuff on and it does depuffing wonders!  you can even keep it in the fridge for extra impact
6. rosebud salve - I have several of these - in the car, purse, makeup drawer, kitchen drawer etc.  I even use it on my son if he has anything chapped too.
7. concealer stick - I apply this under my eyes and on the lids after the eye cream and it takes away any sign of tiredness.  will totally come in handy once the baby is born too,
8. gum - in my purse and on my bedside for when I get nauseous/hungry or heartburn - it stimulates the digestive juices so the problem is lessened with out having to take pills or get up to eat, 
9. clarisonic plus facial cleansing brush - has kept me with pretty clear skin considering I've had some problems this time around,
10. maxi dresses - so easy, so comfortable, so flattering with a long cardigan,
11. whole milk for late night hunger pains - organic milk only when I'm pregnant and nursing,
12. stretchy sandals  - actually mine are bright yellow - so comfy and easy to put on,
13. kiehl's moisturizer jar - I haven't gotten stretch marks yet and I'd like to think that this stuff has helped.
Not pictured but no less essential: pedicures every once in a while but especially in the last 2 months or so - oh, the massage does my tired feet and poor circulation good.
ALSO, a body pillow and 2 king sized pillows... sounds excessive but it has made sleep manageable this time around.  I'll give Zack his pillow back when the baby is here :-)

What were/are your pregnancy essentials?

1 comment: