Tuesday, May 8, 2012

this is how I'll loose it


This is a long post about my body and my plans to get it back to healthy and normal.  

I have big plans and loads of motivation right now to be healthy and look healthy.  This means that I want to eat more veggies and smaller amounts of everything else.  This also means that I want to look like I know I naturally can and should.  I never thought I would get to this point.  waaaa!

With my athletic past and good genes I don't look anything like I should or can.  My first pregnancy I was not worried at all about how I looked.  I went by how I felt and that totally worked for me.  After the baby was born even, I went with how I felt and it worked then too.  Now, 3/4 of the way through this second pregnancy, I no longer feel healthy or good.  How I feel is not working anymore.  To get over this, I decided to do the only thing that will really make a difference.  That is: I'll do a little everyday starting now to get my body revved up and ready for those hard core exercising days to come post-partum.

So, starting this morning, I'll begin my journey.

Here's where blogging comes in to play.  I don't plan on posting often about this.  Frankly, I don't think you, my lovely readers, care to follow this journey like I do and I totally expect that.  (The proof is in the pudding - or the pictures - if you ask me.)  But I did want to highlight this beginning here so that when I make progress I can refer back to this starting point.  I will surely be documenting this journey in my own diary and through pictures as well so I will have plenty to share when the time is right.

The fact of the matter is that I was never supposed to become this big girl that I am.  I'm looking forward to getting back to my naturally fit self that I know and recognize.  This is going to be fun!

*  Keep in mind that I am 30 weeks pregnant and that no one will see any changes to this body for many months.  I assure you though, that I will feel much better and that will be all I need to keep going until the time when the big change starts to show.  I plan on nursing and taking several weeks to recover before I throw my body into some sort of intense exercise regime.  I believe in letting a woman's body recover and rest plenty after giving birth.  So, unfortunately, this process is going to take a long time.  One thing is certain though, I won't be gaining inches only loosing fat and inches as soon as I have this baby and that is very motivating in itself.   


Oh! and friends, if you have any good exercises, resources, recipes or exercise plans, tips or secrets to help me get back in shape post-baby I'd love to hear it all! 


* this image is from a few weeks ago and its of the first time I've jumped for a very long time.  We, in my little family, are fun and spontaneous and we love to jump for pictures besides doing other adventurous things.  FOR THE RECORD: this jump was a turing point for me.  it was so sad how tired I got just jumping for this picture, holding my son or not.  I decided that this out of shape thing has to end so I can live and have the fun I like to have!  ...its a good thing you can't really tell how low to the ground I am.  ha!

7 comments:

  1. I have been letting myself go a bit lately and so this post is really motivating!! I wish you all the luck and happiness on your journey! and from experience I can say your plan sounds awesome, taking time to get into shape, eating more veggies and less amount of everything else is how I started out. I also stopped drinking all sodas and would drink fruit juices sparingly (and I skipped the sugary crap kind). Also, taking the stairs instead of the elevator is a good trick, and just running around and playing games is a good way to stay active without it feeling like a hard core workout.
    You are a hero!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm remembering all your good tricks and advice, for sure. Thanks for the encouragement! And good luck and happiness to you too!

      Delete
  2. You are so awesome Linda! I can't imagine being pregnant, with your little guy, and just almost at the finish line. I would say eat whatever you want! But one thing I did with my first pregnancy was a baby diet. Sadly I was sick for like the first seven months (okay so almost the whole time) but I REALLY made up for it the last couple. By eight months I had gained the maximum recommended amount (which I gained in like a month and a half:) and at that point I just put on the brakes by cutting out everything sweet. I just stopped eating anything with fat or sugar- or I would eat like 1 cookie at a party or something instead of as many as I could physically eat in a night. Sadly I have not been the disciplined athlete that you were/are but taking walks and working in the garden seem to help me stay sort of mobile with out getting too winded. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great advice. I'll remember this for sure. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. You are so awesome Linda! I can't imagine being pregnant, with your little guy, and just almost at the finish line. I would say eat whatever you want! But one thing I did with my first pregnancy was a baby diet. Sadly I was sick for like the first seven months (okay so almost the whole time) but I REALLY made up for it the last couple. By eight months I had gained the maximum recommended amount (which I gained in like a month and a half:) and at that point I just put on the brakes by cutting out everything sweet. I just stopped eating anything with fat or sugar- or I would eat like 1 cookie at a party or something instead of as many as I could physically eat in a night. Sadly I have not been the disciplined athlete that you were/are but taking walks and working in the garden seem to help me stay sort of mobile with out getting too winded. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. k, so i am no expert, especially since nursing twins literally just made the pounds fall off the first time around, but i did find something that really worked well for me this time around. i mean, nursing is still my BEST friend, but i also started to pay close attention to what i was eating. i didn't want to do anything crazy or fad though--i just wanted to be healthy--especially since i am nursing. anyway, jordan and i found the choosemyplate.org website...basically you enter your height, weight, that you are nursing etc. and it will tell you the recommended calories and amounts of food from what groups you should have in a day. it's been really handy--you can just enter what you ate and it will add it all up and do everything for you. anyway, best of luck--can't wait to see pictures of the little lady;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This website sounds awesome. I look forward to using it when I have the baby. It will help me feel better about getting what I need while nursing too. Thanks!

      Delete