Saturday, May 5, 2012

sometimes i have bad days

Its true and normal (for a young - like with young kids - mom) I'd assume.  I have bad days sometimes.  And sometimes its me that needs a nap at noon.  Every once in a while I actually get that nap.  Maybe its laziness, maybe its the gloominess from all the clouds and rain here, maybe its a streak of depression, maybe I just miss my friends and my city that became such a part of me, maybe its my very rambunctious 2 year old that constantly wants my attention, maybe I just need to grow up?!  I think its a little of all of the above.  
But, when we have a Saturday like this...  nothing could get me down!  I am so thankful for a good Saturday with my little family.  Especially today where we:

woke up early, played and snuggled with a happy Odin
got ready quickly with no one putting up a fight (ahem, Odin and me)
stopped at a garage sale and scored some great stuff for super cheap
drove to downtown Redmond for some shopping and made it to the city's farmers market
snacked on pies and a yummy italian meatball sandwich (way too spicy for this heartburn prone pregnant lady)
stopped for Odin to play and watch some live music
talked about actual food for breakfast
"snacked" on some coldstone
watched my boys watch a pinewood derby (ah, I dream of the day my husband gets to do that with his son(s)
shopped for a new tent that will take us from a 3 man to a 6 man tent!  (hey, we have a car now...)
headed home and stopped at another great garage sale
unpacked and organized a ton and found some precious items in the boxes of things from my grandmothers
introduced Zack to snap peas (he loves them now, too!) this totally deserves mentioning.
had a quick dinner and gave Odin a bath and now we're ready for a lovely sunny Sunday tomorrow...
I love a good Saturday!

* images are of us snacking on coldstone... we had every intention of getting real food for breakfast, this and market snacks did just fine, though.  we walked past these car strollers that any 4 wheel loving boy would love to ride in, Zack was gone in a second and back in a few more with one of the car strollers for Odin.  our boy was pretty stinkin happy!  then they watched a random pinewood derby in the middle of the shopping area.  it will be so fun when Zack and Odin get to do this themselves... so cute!

0 comments:

Post a Comment