Tuesday, March 20, 2012

overwhelmed


I'm going to have AN OTHER baby!  

I had my first baby appointment here in our new city.  We experienced a new way of doing things in a new office, and took a tour of the maternity ward at the hospital.  It brought a lot into perspective for me.  Clearly, in the time that I first learned that I was pregnant, I've been quite busy.  I have been thinking about and very much preoccupied by nothing but the following:

. the year ending 2011 holidays,
. waiting to find out about a coast to coast relocation,
. searching for rentals then finding out about the possibility of buying a home,
. waiting for movers to be arranged by someone else,
. packing for 3 people for a 2 month stay
. searching for homes and meeting often with a realtor trying to be patient in the house hunt,
. figuring out transportation (do we get one car or two?  do we buy new, lease or buy used?),
. living out of a suit case for the last month,
. making do with the very basic household appliances provided,
. entertaining and making sure my toddler has an easy transition,
. insuring that Zack has a happy and supportive home while he goes through this job change

As you can see that is a lot to have on one's plate.  And, while I obviously haven't escaped the fact that I am pregnant (more morning sickness this time, bigger, tireder, achier, growing belly/body) it has not at all been a daily focus.  Until tonight!  I realize that in just 3.5 months I'll be giving birth to another child!  Our whole family dynamic is going to change, again!  That is a lot for one to handle... that's why we have 9+/- months to prepare for it.
Since the last 6 or so months have been all about hoping and prepping for this relocation, my mind has been everywhere other than on myself.  It shows too, unfortunately.

So, while I am very much excited about this baby to come, I just need to get a few things done.

* images - with my crazy gloved boy walking from our appointment - Zack gave him that glove to help him stay entertained during the Dr. appointment.  Needless to say, he was a bit obsessed and hasn't stopped playing with it since. next image: feeling large and very much overweight, overwhelmed and stressed.  

//  I'm so lucky that I have my little boy who's so sweet and good and my sweet husband that treats me so well and loves me so perfectly. 

1 comment:

  1. You have so much time to think and ponder and prepare for you first little one. It's a luxury I didn't realize until I was pregnant with the second.

    With Wren, I tried to spend a few minutes in the bathtub once a week or so. Just to sit and think and wonder about her and mentally prepare for the future. Because any other time of my life was taken up with Ellie. Tub time was our time.

    I'm so excited for your growing family!

    ReplyDelete