Monday, November 7, 2011

living life well

I want to remember this day because it was so simple and so disconnected from the internet and the media of today's world.


Today I lived life well.  Meaning, I lived my life like I always intend to and wish to.  

I... woke up happy, the husband wasn't rushed so I got to enjoy a few moments with him more than usual. 
I... took a shower before the baby woke up and again, wasn't rushed. 
We... had a nice oatmeal breakfast which weirdly made me so happy to have chosen such a healthy way to start the day for the baby and me. 
I... tidied as Odin played and played with him, too. 
I... folded and put away laundry. 
I... prepped lunch before the rush (exciting impatience from my toddler) started. 
I... only read my favorite blogs that inspire this kind of happy, healthy, balanced living and was finished without wasting time online - meaning I can count on one hand the blogs I went to to read, no reader and when I was done, I was done.  I shut the laptop and walked away.  I decided that I will save catching up on friends blogs and other blogs I follow on the weekend when I am too tired from fun and work that that's all I have energy for.
I... read my book and rested on my bed while my baby napped. 
We... sold our old stroller and threw in a car seat just because we felt generous. 
I... met a new friend, chatted with an old friend.
I... crafted with another friend that came for a visit.
We...  enjoyed some pizza and milk.  (If I don't have root beer to eat with my pizza its gotta be milk)
I... was surprised when Zack came home earlier than usual from work, that was awesome!
I... wore my hair down all day, its even long flowing as I type.  (smile)
I... watched the sing off but I'm getting really annoyed with the female judge who always calls the "Provo boys" adorable, cute, and boys. Seriously, they're not innocent children, be a little less parental.
I... crocheted some more and I'm actually making good progress.  Yay!
I... got to enjoy a long evening with my husband which rarely happens anymore. 
I... feel happy and pleased with this day. 

I feel like I deserve a good, long nights rest now.  Ah, that's a good feeling!

0 comments:

Post a Comment