Monday, July 25, 2011

A Saturday Date


Since our anniversary is coming up (tomorrow!), I wanted to go on, not one date, but two.  Our babysitter arrived promptly at 10AM.  She's sat for us before so we were quickly out the door.  For memory's sake, I want to mention that I had every second planned because this was actually our FIRST time going anywhere with out the baby since he was born.  Needless to say, I was really excited and wanted to get the most out of this date. 


Thankfully my plans were and always are flexible in the end.  Instead of finding a place to grab a drink and a chocolate croissant, we hit up this street fair.  We got some little noise/music maker shaker things for the baby and I almost bought a hat.  I couldn't help but remember our 1st anniversary when we wandered around the flea market in Hawaii at the stadium.  We didn't spend too much time because we wanted to get to the theater (and we were melting).

 
We made our way along 57th St towards 5th Ave.  We had to go to a smaller theater for the movie.  It was right across the street from the Plaza Hotel and Central Park.  I was so very excited to see the movie, to be in a theater again, and to not have to rush home afterwards. (I'll share about the movie tonight.)


We had a free ticket, which was awesome, and then they gave us both free books!  This was a cheap-dater's dream.  The theater was really nice and with carpet floors!  That is unheard of in NYC.  We felt pretty special.  We were probably the youngest in the theater, which made me feel old, but all in all it was a really good experience.  I mean, there were no comments (read: shout outs) or boos or cell phones or people walking in late like you'll find at most other theater in NYC.  You could say it was a pretty high-class experience.


After we made a stop at Lee's Art Shop on 57th St.  (the most overpriced place I've ever been,) we were again, hot and now hungry.  We tried out a place we always walk by but have never been, Brooklyn Diner.  There is not much good to say other than the milkshake was yummy and they had bottled Rootbeer - Zack's favorite. 

All in all, it was fantastic to be away together without the baby.  It was a great teaser for tomorrow's date.  Oh, how awesome is this!?  Zack is taking the day off tomorrow!  I am so happy that we'll have him the whole day.

// I hope for good weather tomorrow.  I just went shopping and bought a little summer dress to wear on our actual Anniversary Date!  I am so excited.

1 comment:

  1. How fun to be going out together and remembering all the love that started this marriage in the first place! Happy Anniversary to you both and here's to many more wonderful years together!

    ReplyDelete