Monday, July 25, 2011

Read & Viewed


I really love reading.  Why don't I do it more?  Time, priorities, distractions, technology, unfortunately the list could go on.  I wonder if I should get a Kindle or iPad and then I'd read more.  But really just holding a book in my hands, turning the pages, carting around my little treasure of words in my purse, placing a finished book on my bookshelf... that is more my style.  I love the "old" days of books, writing, paper, ink.  I want more of that in my life.

Having said that, I wanted to share a book I read that shook my heart more than anything else lately.  Sarah's Key.  Its a WWII historical fiction story based on a true event surrounding the Holocaust.  This weekend we finally saw the movie version.  (I had been waiting for the movie!  And sorry friends, no movie viewing party this time.)  We got a free copy of the book, which I was stoked about since I had checked mine out from the library.  The movie was really well done.  I fought back actual sobs a few times during the movie.  I just could only imagine.  There was one part where a mother is being separated from her daughter that just got me the most.  Its one of those stories that has me reflecting on my life since.  When that happens, I think that means its a good story.  No?

//  Here's to reading more.  And definitely, here's to reading books more before I see the movie.  That's a much better way, in my opinion.  (This story I was especially glad to have read it first.)

1 comment:

  1. I really prefer to read a book before seeing the movie, but sometimes that approach causes the movie to be a tad disappointing. Like A Walk to Remember when I was in high school.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'll be lurking around here as well.

    ReplyDelete