Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I love to travel.

visited 28 states (56%)

This is where I've visited in my own country.  I think my love for travel comes from my mom (although my dad also traveled a ton).  Both of my parents grew up in military families that traveled all over the world.  In fact, they met and dates in Argentina before marrying in California.  Anyway, my mom always wanted to visit all 50 US state.  I loved that goal, and although it isn't mine, it was exciting when she finally accomplished it.  I just have a goal to travel as much as I can and to document every big trip.  So far, so good.  Saw this here.

visited 3 states (23.0%)

We did a really fun road trip from New York to Canada.  It was really beautiful and so fun.  We went at the end of May and it was so quiet and not yet crowded by summer tourists.  Cape Breton, is a gorgeous drive.  See some posts from our Canada trip.

visited 13 states (5.77%)

I feel like I've had many opportunities to travel, and for that I am grateful.  We'd love to live abroad and work but are just waiting for the right opportunity.  There are certain places in the world I don't care to "waste" my vacation days on and others I'd go with out pay for.  I love to travel but as my family grows and the dollar signs not as quickly, I hope to adventure to my bucket list places, at least, in my lifetime.  

*  Here's to the love of traveling.

//  Speaking of traveling, I'll be sharing highlights from our trip to Iceland soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment