Thursday, December 6, 2012

things are going well


This is what life is like right now.  Its going well.  I'm trying and it is paying off.  I remember this post about how parenting is hard.  It is but it doesn't have to be as unenjoyable as I/we can make it.  I'm not sure when it happened for me but, the patience and prayers since then are paying off, for now at least.

I've found that sitting down on the ground with the kids is the best way to spend my time lately.  My attitude and my kids are better for it.  I am figuring out in little ways how to be more patient and loving. I am really starting to be pleasant to be around again.  ;-)

One morning this past week the was shining and I knew it wasn't going to last long.  I stopped everything I was doing and whisked the kids outside for a sunny walk.  It was so very pleasant to be outside in nature.  Even more, I was relieved to realize that there wasn't anything in the world more important for me to be doing.

I put too much pressure on myself to be a certain way and really all I want to do is live a basic and satisfying life.  Simple is good, walks in nature are good, being able to stay home with my kids is oh, so good.



1 comment:

  1. The sun came out the other day and I wanted to run out of the hotel to soak it all in! The weather trips me out here in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete