Wednesday, November 28, 2012

useful + beautiful


This is my current moto.

I just got back from vacation.  We stayed at my brother's home and his wife is the best.  She is a dream of a Sister-in-law.  Whenever I come back from visiting her home I am always motivated to live a better life, be a more patient and loving mom/wife and have a happier HOME.

We had some good talks about being a mom and staying home with the kids all day, everyday.  She sees it as her job.  What a concept!  She says she wants to do the best she can at her job just as if it were a salary paying, 40 hr/wk job.  Why I never thought of it this way... it beats me!  I am an outstanding employee  so why not at my current, first choice job?  Obviously, there is some change to be made.

So, here I am, home from a lovely stay with my mentor/SIL.  All I want to do is clear my home of everything but the useful and beautiful, to de-clutter, organize, decorate and keep a clean home and what happens?  My son gets sick.  Then my daughter and of course, then I get sick.  (Stay healthy husband Love!)

Well, there is nothing like a bump in the road to really get you motivated!
I'm glad for this quote to help me along the way.

* thank you Deary Z for coming home early from work to take care of me and the kids and to friends who have offered to help and brought warm soup to my door!  I am so blessed.


1 comment:

  1. You are too sweet, thanks for the visit... although it made me miss you guys even more :( Come back soon and call me more!!

    ReplyDelete