Friday, October 19, 2012

thinking of Summer time

They say that in Seattle the sun shines from the 4th of July to Labor Day.  (That's only 2 months!)  What they don't tell you is that the rest of the year the days are rainy and gloomy.  It may sound nice and lovely and I look forward to experiencing that but for now, it doesn't make me too excited about the upcoming seasons...

Looking back, its worth mentioning that we had a very nice summer.  There was so much that was new to us and there was plenty to get used to such as living in a house, constant sun and low humidity, beautiful green trees all over, a garden of my very own, a 2 year old that started talking, a new baby girl to call our own, cars rides and camping trips, weekly outings to Costco just because we could,  lots of outdoor adventures and many fun times with our new friends.

I am still in denial that Summer is gone.  Its over.  And while we have had a few days the last couple weeks where the sun has popped through the clouds, for the most part Fall has been appropriately gloomy and surprisingly dry.  I won't even get started about how beautiful it has been... (that is a post all of its own.)  I am not holding my breath, though.  I know the weather is about to change...

Its raining outside tonight.  AND... I just looked at the forecast... its here, the rain has come...  straight rain on my weather app!  Its a good thing my schedule is FULL and my days are strategically planned. I refuse to notice the gloom outside.  I'll have my solar lamps on and my popsicles out just to keep me going ;-)

* image of Odin at Westport beach where we camped with some friends.  It was such a lovely summer trip!

0 comments:

Post a Comment