Friday, August 3, 2012

nursing lifesavers

During the short time of pregnancy and the nursing days I do my best to be healthiest.  At the same time, I try to be most comfortable and relaxed and to feel most prepared for the changes and challenges that accompany these days.  Every girl has their own but, these items are some of my favorite nursing lifesavers.


These pictured are my most favorite items:
nursing cami - worn in the hospital for coolness, comfort and ease in nursing
maternity tank - loved this when I was pregnant and I still love it for nursing... just pull down and go  nursing pads - besides being great for leakage, sore hard nipples will be more comfortable and less visible (hello RT)
motherhood tank - easy to pull down.  I wear with a cardigan which hides my belly 
iPhone - I'm so grateful I have a smaller device this time around.  It makes it so easy to do little quick things online AND make and take phone calls all while nursing.
down east tee - just pull down and go and it can be layered under or worn alone

not pictured but just as liked :  
favorite nursing bra - I wear this year round actually.  It helps guard against RT.
sleep bra - I suggest getting a bigger size as well as your regular size
nursing sports bra I didn't really thing I'd use this but I was glad months after I had the baby for the support while exercising
nipple cream - I really only use the first week or two it helps soothe as you get used to nursing and is also a great diaper ointment for your newborn's darling but sensitive butt
boppy pillow - I use this for nursing in my bed, for the baby to sleep in and it holds her quite securely, and for some tummy time that is not like a face plant - while its not a necessity it is very functional
breast friend pillow - not necessary but it was extremely comfortable my first pregnancy where my baby nursed for a long time.  I got tired and unlike the boppy, it stayed in its place and didn't move away from my body or sag eventually with use.  The firmness is very comfortable.

... don' forget burp cloths!  you don't want to get up in between feeding to get anything.  have one or two right by your side each time you nurse...

See all of my pregnancy and nursing tips and faves HERE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment