Friday, July 27, 2012

a story about a boy and his blanket

This is a post about my son.  He is a good good soul and he has been nothing but wonderful as we've transitioned into this new family of four.  This is one example of how he's acted without being asked or prodded.  We love our little boy!  (...and our darling girl, of course!)

The day was July 5th 2012.
He came to the hospital to visit his new baby sister.
When he looked at her for the first time he saw a little blue package with his name on it.
He opened the present from his new sister.
Inside he found another one of his favorite blankets!  Oh, the joy.
He tried it on for size and tested its softness.
Then little sister made a noise and immediately his face turned to concern
He even said "oh!" turning to look at her with with his big caring eyes.
He quickly rushed over to offer support.  
There wasn't a melted heart in the room.  
To make it easier he joined mama and baby and we all snuggled and soaked up the moment.
Oh, my little boy, he acts like a real loving gentleman, most all of the time. 
How have I ever gotten so lucky with a son like him? 


* For the full story and the pictures that go with it (they are so adorable and I'm not just saying it cause I'm his mom) go to the Baby's Blog.  Need an invite?  Let me know.

2 comments:

  1. That is SO sweet! I think I need an invite so I can read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the whole story and tears were already starting up! Oh your lil boy is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete