Tuesday, May 15, 2012

dreaming of vacation

Its not that I am over worked and need a day off, its just that life is going to completely switch gears in the next couple of months and I want to take advantage of the "simplicity" of just the 3 of us.  I am dreaming of a little vacation.  Travel does my soul such good!
If I lived in New York still, I'd take advantage of Jetblue's sale today.  I've always wanted to go to Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard and I think $39 round trip is a pretty good deal.  If I were still living in NYC I'd also take advantage of the fares to Barbados or St. Maarten for some beach side enjoyment.

The only travel on the horizon however, is a camping trip we are still trying to plan.  While I love camping, I am still dreaming of a hotel, a pool and/or beach, some place new with lovely landscape for many picture opportunities of the last days of our family of 3.

* Today my dad is coming to visit.  We'll be exploring a bit with him so I look forward to that bit of "travel".  I'm lucky that I have had so many visitors in the last weeks.  In the 6 weeks we've lived in this house we've only had one lonely week.  Visitors are always welcome!

images - from google images found under searches: Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, Barbados, St. Maarten.  
Original sources unknown.

1 comment:

  1. OH! One of our favorite trips on EARTH was visiting Nantucket!! It was the most dreamy, relaxing, magical trip ever. I'm totally itching to get back... if only I could!

    ReplyDelete