Monday, April 30, 2012

i'm 30 on the 30th

Its not my birthday, yet...  But I am at 30 weeks(!) I can't believe how time has flown this time.  Life is exciting, crazy and fun with a toddler but mix that with being pregnant and the energy level doesn't always keep up.  Here are some of my thoughts on this 2nd time around.  (I wish I would have written more of these thoughts my first pregnancy.)
On nesting...
Man, do I ever feel this in my bones.  I kind of feel lucky that I got to move in the middle of this pregnancy.  I have the ultimate opportunity to do some nesting, from decorating to rearranging to buying things to fill parts of our new home.  My mom is visiting in a few weeks and I hope to do a lot of the cutsie baby nesting stuff then...  Its pretty obvious that I have the nesting thing covered!
 On health & nutrition...
This time around is so different.  I started out much heavier than I did with Odin so I really wanted to make sure I didn't gain even half of what I gained with him - we'll just keep those numbers in the family for now.  I've been taking walks on those trails I dreamed of and I've been eating much less and much healthier.  Water is always by my side and showers are my energy boosters.  But, I could always do better.
On keeping the romance alive... 
The same month this baby is due is our 4th anniversary.  Nothing has really changed from the dating days meaning we still love spending every second with each other.  But, lets just say that being pregnant right now - large, round, slow and tired all the time is potentially rough on the relationship with the husband.  But, we do our best and are actually really good to spend time in the evenings  together, meeting at the park to fly kites at lunchtime on good days, we're very good about putting our toddler to bed promptly so the rest of the evening is ours, and most effective: our monthly anniversary dates  We're just so happy to be adding to the family we started together.
On pregnancy in general...  
I have been so grateful and happy being pregnant.  I know that not every woman has the opportunity or the health to have children and I am always thinking about this.  I am grateful I have a body that is set to have babies.  I have a very wonderful husband who makes each day possible to endure.  I love that we are adding to our family and that our little Odin will soon be a big brother.

... we feel so happy and blessed to have this baby on its way.  we're looking forward to this change.  here's to the 10 +/- weeks I have left.  I can't wait to meet you, my little girl!

1 comment:

  1. I heart this post and I heart you!! By the way, I am going to need your new address one of these days ;D every little baby girl needs some icelandic cutesy things!

    ReplyDelete