Tuesday, March 27, 2012

thoughts at the park

This is Anderson Park.  Its my favorite place here so far.  These bright stumps make me smile every time I see them.  They are a welcomed site on these dark, wet days and the perfect remedy for any winter blues.  It is easy to have a clear and happy mind here. 
I've been surprised to discover how foresty it is here.  Trees are everywhere and in many places they are quite dense.  Our new house is among many of them and its a huge reason we decided on the house in the first place.  There are many trails in the area we'll be living and I can not wait to get going on some daily walks with my boy in his stroller.  I think we could both use some non-city walks for a change.

I'm having a hard time containing my excitement.  There is nothing like exercising in the outdoors.  This very large pregnant body of mine has been so neglected and it will be so good to get out on those trails.  I hope the fresh air and trees will offer all the motivation I need to get back in shape or at least get me on a good start for when after the baby comes...  Oh, that after-the-baby stage, why does it scare me so?  I see those trails becoming my life lines, sort of speak.  

Oh, I can't wait to bring my thoughts to those trails!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just googled more about this park because I was wondering what was up with the trees. That's so dang awesome! And fun!!! What a cool art exhibit! Continue enjoying the outdoors! :)

    ReplyDelete