Friday, October 21, 2011

a good day


Yesterday a friend came to play with Odin and took him out to the park.  While they were gone I managed to prep and bake the butternut squash that has been staring at me since we got back from New Hampshire, make beef stew in the slow cooker, prep and make applesauce, and bake wheat bread.  It was nothing really special but things I have needed to do for a while.  It was great.

But the day didn't end there!  After my friend left, Odin napped a nice long nap and I got to clean up from the above projects.  When he woke up he was in a great mood (he always is.) Then about 45 mins later, Zack showed up!  He came home early just because.  What a good man.  I was shocked and little girl giddy.  It was fantastic.  We feasted on the warm new bread and honey butter.  And Odin and Zack played (photos above) and it was so cute and, dare I say, perfect.  This was a dream day!  


2 comments:

  1. I started craving squash, warm bread and honey butter now! And your lil boy is getting so big and still so adorable!!!! Yay to your family for an awesome day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so awesome Linda and your little boy is SOO cute! Thanks for being such an inspiration. Also, on your earlier post about NY and the mountains it was awesome of you to share that. I swear I am always looking at the other side of the fence and don't appreciate what I have. I hope you get to make your move soon. Meanwhile thanks for continuing to inspire me:)

    ReplyDelete