Friday, September 30, 2011

NYC Fashion District

Probably my favorite thing I've done while my boys are away is that I went to the Fashion District, finally.  I had specific fabric colors and types in mind and I wanted specific trims too.  I knew I would be tempted with all of the options in all of the stores so I was glad when I was a very focused shopper.  I ended up getting great deals, too.   And while I didn't go shopping for neons, spandex, or sequins like you see above, I did enjoy all of it and more on my adventure.


I never knew where to shop for fabric in New York City, but now I do.  My friend met up with me to  shop around.  She showed me her favorite trim shops and we were both successful in our hunt.  Here are some of my new favorite fabric shops in the fashion district NYC:  Daytona 39th St., Mood 37th St., the fabric store right under the Beckenstein's Men's Fabric sign 39th St.,  all the trim shops on 38th St. btwn 8th & 7th Avenues, Joyce 38th btwn 6th Ave. & Bway, M&J Trimming 1008 6th Ave., Purl Soho 459 Broome St. There are many more but these were ones that I found good deals and exactly what I was looking for. 


//  I found everything I was looking for and now, I can't wait to get sewing!

1 comment: