Saturday, August 20, 2011

mother & child


My grandmother had a collection of different pictures, figurines and sculptures of all sizes with the simple image of a mother holding a child.  I always felt a quiet hush fall upon me when I'd stop to admire them in her home.  She was the best mother to my dad and grandmother to us.  She was such a wonderful woman.

The mother & child portraits were of a mother holding always only one child.  I can't help but wonder now, was that to remind her of her dear and only living child, my father.  Or, were these many small reminders of her beloved first child, a daughter that was lost during child birth.  Probably both.  Either way, I am happy she had these beautiful images all around her.  Its a beautiful thing to be a mother.

I look like a real mother in these photos.  Its nice for me to see.  These photos were taken from Zack's new film camera.  Man, there's just something about film that I love.  I really hope this aspect of photography is never lost.

*  Check out Elise's revamp of her family's old (like from film days) photo albums,  they're totally updated.  Makes me want to do the same for ours.

3 comments:

  1. How pretty. You look so happy.

    Isn't funny how we all jump on the technology bandwagon when something's new, then retreat to the old stuff when the newness wears off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It shows in your eyes how much you love being a mother.
    We shoot a roll of film a month on our canon A1. LOVE IT!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are such darling photos and your lil boy looks so lovable!! Thank you for sharing these photos!

    ReplyDelete