Tuesday, August 23, 2011

earthquake


Yesterday, we walked through my favorite part of Central Park,  near 105th street.  My mind was full of memories as I remembered the days when Zack and I were dating.  I wish I could say that we used to sit on this bench and talk about love and life.  That's not the case, I just loved it.  I decided that we need to enjoy Central Park more before the winter months set in.

Today there was an earthquake in Mineral, VA.  We felt the earthquake here in New York City.  To me it felt like wind or construction on the apartment above us.  After it lasted several seconds, was quiet enough that I could heard debris falling in the walls, I knew it was an earthquake.  It was crazy.  I called Zack at work and he felt it, too. 

Obviously, we are fine.  It was just a strange moment.

On another note:  
*  My family is now gone and I feel their absence.  It was so nice to have visitors. 
*  We are hoping to be at the beach this weekend.  It should be fun!
*  My husband Zack posted about all of the places his lightning photo has been featured. 

//  I plan on sharing the Iceland travel book later this week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment