Friday, June 17, 2011

ultimate home decor plan


I've been trying to figure out what to do with our apartment for a while now.  It keeps getting smaller and smaller and more and more crowded as our child and his things get larger and more spread out.  I need a big change, big, like a move.  But, since that isn't happening, I will just have to re-decorate.  This little image above is the notes of the inspiration behind the answer to this on going problem.  I was surprised to have my living situation frustrations put to ease after being very late to church, but grateful that it came at all.  

I realized that rather than decorating our living space with things we think are cool and comfortable, why not let it be an extension of the beauty around us.  Since we don't live around the kind of beauty we wish we lived around then we must decorate our home like it.  So, here it is, my plan to make my home reflect the mountains and the country that we wished we lived in.  (Click to enlarge if you are really interested otherwise, just stay tuned for posts about the progress.)

(And if I wanted to live by the ocean, I'd probably work in some shells or other oceanscape colors and patters and pictures on the wall OR if I wanted to live in India, I'd get vibrant fabrics and some shimmery beads to embellish them with and add tons of decorative, bright, colorful cushions everywhere... you get the idea)

*  First things: declutter and clean floors, find a new and better place for baby's toys - done!

*  This is going to be good, really good...  

//  Next up:  choose and order main photos for wall. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment