Wednesday, June 29, 2011

craving the delicious fish at Tjöruhúsið


Ah, food.  This is some salmon that I made and must remember.  Thus, the mention here.  I was craving this particular catfish dish we had in Iceland.  It was made with cream, capers, new potatoes, tomatoes and onions.  It was so fresh and so rich.  I did my best to recreate the flavors using some salmon we had.  My version as seen above has:  salmon, whole milk, olive oil, tomatoes, russet potatoes, green olives, onions, lime.  It was really good, not quite what we had there, but almost. 


*  So, just for the record: the best place to get fish in Iceland is Tjöruhúsið in Ísafjörður.  Read a bit about Ísafjörður and see a mention about this restaurant here.

//  I want more!  This might become a Linda specialty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment