Sunday, May 8, 2011

1981 Sewing book


For today's Sunday Skirts post I had to share this silly multipurpose skirt (below).  I found this Complete Guide to Sewing book at a used bookstore.  I was thrilled since I have been looking for an all inclusive one.

I did get Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Sewing... .  It is really helpful and I'd recommend it but this one has more clothing tutorials and instructions, which I really wanted.  The coolest part of this is that the fashions have caught up with our day.

*  One of my favorite sewing projects (not necessarily in fashion today) is this awesome swim accessory:


Pretty funny, right?  And, did you notice how the print on the fabric would be in style today?  

// I look forward to when I'll get more time to sew this summer.  This is definitely a gem of a book. 

//  HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment