Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sew Many Things


Sew Many Things : 2nd/27, as in, sewing projects during the 2nd year of marriage / and the 27 projects listed.  I decided to make a list of sewing projects that I'd like to finish before our anniversary.  I like that to be the beginning of new goals and such.  I look forward to documenting them here - continuing with this list in no particular order:

. chelsea bag
. skirts for nieces
. tag blanket
. cover crib bumper
. add ties to bumper
 .teething guards
. refashion thrifted skirt x 2
. sew adornments on niece's shirt x 2
. Christmas tablecloth and pillows
. curtains
. crochet hook roll x 2
. add to burp cloths
. etsy shop items (more on this is coming)
. seersucker pants for baby
. pillowcases for nieces x 2 
. summer skirts x 4
. soft shoes (2nd pair) for baby
. embroidered pillow cover x 2
. gray pillow cover w. fancy edge
. refashion dress x 2 1
. mend jeans, hoodie, 
. tova dress or tunic
. babies favorite blanket
. tohoku tote
. shirt dress
. bugs for baby
. travel blanket for baby

* long list but to me its not too daunting. I have all the materials for each item, all I need to do is focus.

* for the record, I am totally a beginner.  Really, I have no training besides the handful of times I sewed simple lines as a kid.  I didn't use a sewing machine for 15+ years before I got my own (a gift from my love).  Now I am a wife & mom and I am embracing the domestic genes each woman has.

* I am not a perfectionist when it comes to developing a new skill/hobby so that will explain a lot going forward.  I won't have any problem with how my projects turn out so, I am sorry if you do.  The point with this list and these projects is to become better...  Making life better and better day by day.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment