Saturday, April 16, 2011

Grandmothers' Goodness

My mom, Gram, Aunt Drew

Things Gram did that I loved:

made tablecloths from sheets
cut out pictures from fabric to frame
used modge podge to cover books and (recycled) cans with fabric
she saved old bottles and would use them to plant "starts"
she embroidered a lot - framed it all
made amazing casseroles
was a championship bowler
refashioned her clothes regularly

*  I am inspired by my grandmothers.  Also, I am named after Gram.  Her name is Gladys Mae, my name is Linda May.  I love our names!

*  I never imagined how often I would reflect on my grandmothers' lifestyle.  They both did everything from home decor, hobbies, dress, cooking, etc. by hand or re-purposing and making things from scratch.  They were truly frugal yet lived such a rich life.  They were wonderful women and I am so grateful that I grew up with them in my life.  And its true, when you become a mom, you appreciate your own more and more.

//  I hope to post often about my thoughts and memories of my grandmothers.  There will be projects inspired by them too.  I am also trying to round up pictures of them to share.  This project is so motivating and rewarding.  I love my grandmothers!

1 comment: